Bringing the world of performing arts to Boerne by presenting concerts that feature internationally acclaimed artists, educating through student outreach programs, and enriching the quality of life in the community.

World Map BPA 2018

OUR BOARD OF DIRECTORS

Individuals from all walks of life, including businesses, governmental entities, churches, non-profits, and schools have come together to spend thousands of volunteer hours to make Boerne Performing Arts and Boerne Performing Arts FOR KIDS a reality.  In addition to the Board of Directors, a cast of 75+ volunteers dedicate their time as ushers, providing backstage artist hospitality, distributing posters, and assisting with the FOR KIDS programs.

Boerne Performing Arts Board of Directors


Seated L-R: Sandy Mattick, Cathie Meadows, Carol Schultz, Cheryl Ladd-Russell, Kirsten Cohoon

Standing L-R: Mary Colacurci, John Mowrey, Jim Sims, Greg Talford, Kevin Arnott, Sue Talford, Lynn Richter

Not Pictured: Kathy Estes, Rob Ziegler

Photo Credit: Linda Rukavina, Rukavina Photography


OUR HISTORY:  Founded in June 2011, Boerne Performing Arts was created by a very motivated group of local individuals who undertook the mission of bringing the world of professional performing arts to Boerne, Texas. Within 9 months, the organization was created, successfully presented their first three-concert season in early 2012, and positively impacted 2,000 local students through the Boerne Performing Arts FOR KIDS programs. Since then, every concert since inception has been performed to a “full house” at Boerne Champion Auditorium.

The 100% volunteer driven organization demonstrates a high degree of total community involvement as evidenced by active partnerships with Boerne Independent School District, Boerne Kendall County Economic Development Corporation, the City of Boerne, Greater Boerne Chamber of Commerce, and the Boerne Convention and Visitors Bureau.

To date, over 15,000+ students have benefitted from the Boerne Performing Arts FOR KIDS programs, experiencing world-class professional performing artists through student programs, master classes, Preludes & Interludes, and Art Galleries.

Boerne Performing Arts began as an autonomous committee operating under the Hill Country Council for the Arts, a 501(c)3 non-profit organization whose mission is to develop and sustain an environment that supports and promotes awareness, appreciation, education, and access to all the arts in Kendall County and the Texas Hill Country. After their second successful Boerne Performing Arts season, the Boerne Performing Arts committee moved forward with their inceptive goal of becoming an independent non-profit corporation. In March of 2014, Boerne Performing Arts successfully received their 501(c)3 non-profit status.

By continuing to gain acclaim by local and statewide media outlets, Boerne Performing Arts spotlights the arts community and provides a unique dimension that enhances the economic well being and quality of life for the City of Boerne.  By exposing our youth to the performing arts, we are creating an appreciation that the next generation will carry forward.


2017 SEASON
2017 Artists Year Number Six added two new countries to our global program.  The season opener featured Vocalosity from New York City, and then journeyed to the Russian Season Dance Company followed by a ride on the Taj Express from India.  The FOR KIDS programs provided an in school show by each of the visiting artists to a total of 3,000+ students, and three scholarships were awarded for students pursuing a career in the Fine Arts.

2016 SEASON
2016 Season To celebrate their fifth anniversary season, “A Night at the Oscars” opened the season featuring The Hollywood Concert Orchestra, Red Carpet Entry, and an After Party!  The festivities continued with the return of TAO drummers from Japan, and then concluded with our largest production to date, The Pirates of Penzance!  3,000+ more students were introduced to professional performing arts, and a scholarship program was instituted.

2015 SPECIAL EVENT
2015 Special Event - The Ten TenorsThe Ten Tenors from Australia rolled into Boerne with their Home for the Holidays production.  A packed house enjoyed the charismatic voices from Down Under as it “snowed” on stage at Champion High School bringing a unique Christmas spirit to Boerne.

2015 SEASON
Boerne Performing Arts continued their fourth season playing to full houses for each evening event, plus opened the eyes of another 3,000 students with their FOR KIDS programs. The season began with Canadian Brass parading through the audience to a New Orleans Funeral dirge...through the complicated and intricate acts of the New Shanghai Circus...ending with a Broadway spectacular of hit tunes. Each visiting artist enriched the quality of life in our small town with BIG events!

Boerne Performing Arts continued their fourth season playing to full houses for each evening event, plus opened the eyes of another 3,000 students with their FOR KIDS programs. The season began with Canadian Brass parading through the audience to a New Orleans Funeral dirge…through the complicated and intricate acts of the New Shanghai Circus…ending with a Broadway spectacular of hit tunes. Each visiting artist enriched the quality of life in our small town with BIG events!

2014 SPECIAL EVENT
Artist-Voca-After-web

2014 SEASON  Playing to a full house has continued to be the tradition for Boerne Performing Arts. From the opening of “New York, New York” by the Ten Tenors...to the closing encore of “Amazing Grace” by Time for Three, the variety and quality have continued through the 2014 season. The intimate setting of the Champion Auditorium provides concertgoers with a welcoming and personal relationship with each of the visiting artists...and each evening in 2014 concluded with a “Meet and Greet” of the artists in the Auditorium lobby.
Playing to a full house has continued to be the tradition for Boerne Performing Arts. From the opening of “New York, New York” by the Ten Tenors…to the closing encore of “Amazing Grace” by Time for Three, the variety and quality have continued through the 2014 season. The intimate setting of the Champion Auditorium provides concertgoers with a welcoming and personal relationship with each of the visiting artists…and each evening in 2014 concluded with a “Meet and Greet” of the artists in the Auditorium lobby.

2013 SEASON
Boerne Performing Arts continued their tradition of SOLD OUT audiences in the 2013 season while bringing a broad spectrum of world-renown performing artists to the hill country. The volunteer-driven organization presented three concerts within a one month time span and provided the exhilarating and enthusiastic sounds of Drumline Live, the ultimate artistic quality demonstrated by The 5 Browns (exclusive Steinway artists), and the melodic/spiritual music of Ireland presented by Celtic Nights. By continuing to gain acclaim by local and statewide media outlets, Boerne Performing Arts spotlights the arts community and provides another dimension that enhances the economic well being of the city of Boerne.
Boerne Performing Arts continued their tradition of SOLD OUT audiences in the 2013 season while bringing a broad spectrum of world-renown performing artists to the hill country. The volunteer-driven organization presented three concerts within a one month time span and provided the exhilarating and enthusiastic sounds of Drumline Live, the ultimate artistic quality demonstrated by The 5 Browns (exclusive Steinway artists), and the melodic/spiritual music of Ireland presented by Celtic Nights. By continuing to gain acclaim by local and statewide media outlets, Boerne Performing Arts spotlights the arts community and provides another dimension that enhances the economic well being of the city of Boerne.

2012 SEASON
The Boerne Performing Arts organization became a reality in August of 2011. The next four months were spent preparing for their Inaugural Festival of the Performing Arts. In a matter of 35 days, the organization presented Vienna Boys Choir, TAO: The Art of the Drum, and Bowfire to three sold out audiences. While 57% of the concertgoers were from Boerne, the other 43% came from surrounding hill country communities, San Antonio, and other Texas Cities including Austin, Houston, Corpus Christi, Waco, Temple, and Dallas. Many “Winter Texans” attended the events including visitors from Canada!

The Boerne Performing Arts organization became a reality in August of 2011. The next four months were spent preparing for their Inaugural Festival of the Performing Arts. In a matter of 35 days, the organization presented Vienna Boys Choir, TAO: The Art of the Drum, and Bowfire to three sold out audiences. While 57% of the concertgoers were from Boerne, the other 43% came from surrounding hill country communities, San Antonio, and other Texas Cities including Austin, Houston, Corpus Christi, Waco, Temple, and Dallas. Many “Winter Texans” attended the events including visitors from Canada!


Bringing the world of performing arts to Boerne!!!